Humanex students meet the following academic, social, and emotional criteria:
- A desire to engage and participate in the Humanex Academy community.
- Benefit from a school program that focuses equally on academic and growth.
- Ability to positively interact with peers and adults within the building.
- Ability to take redirection and support from staff as needed.
In order for us to maintain our program effectively and meet the needs of our student population, Humanex Academy does not accept students who:
- Require intensive one-on-one academic support.
- Have a history of significant disruptive behavior or physical aggression within the school environment.
- Are currently using drug or alcohol.
The first step in OUR ADMISSION process is the Inquiry Intake Form. You may complete and submit the form online or call us at (303) 783-0137, Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The Inquiry Intake helps us get to know you and your student better.
After reviewing the Inquiry Intake, the second step in OUR ADMISSION process is to schedule an Initial Tour of Humanex Academy. The average Tour takes about one hour. You and your student will have the opportunity to tour Humanex, visit classrooms, and have an in-depth conversation with our Principal and Psychologist regarding the specific academic and social needs of your student.
Following the Initial Visit & Tour, the third step in OUR ADMISSION process is setting up a Student Visit day. Your student will be given a preliminary student schedule follow during their full or half day visit at Humanex Academy. We believe this gives everyone (student, staff, and family) the opportunity to see if this would be a "good" fit.
The fourth step in OUR ADMISSION process is a completed Admission Application Packet which includes the following items:
- A $1,000 deposit check, made out to Humanex Academy, is due with your application
- Submission of any Assessments, Testing, or Learning Plans such as an IEP you have on file for the student
- A completed 2023-2024 Application for Admission
- Transcript(s) from other school(s), if applicable
You are welcome to turn in the completed Admission Application Packet in person or mail it to Humanex Academy at 2700 South Zuni Street, Englewood, CO 80110
The final step in OUR ADMISSION process is our Open Enrollment & Acceptance offer. Students are always welcome to apply, get accepted, and begin classes throughout an academic year.